Fall has arrived in most parts of the country. That means cooler weather and turning the oven back on after its long summer vacation. Just like the grill is perfect for summertime veggie grilling, the oven is seriously awesome for creating crispy roasted vegetables of the season. One of my go-to’s is oven roasted potatoes. Today we are seasoning them to create a combination of salt and vinegar potato chips and sour cream and onion potato chips; except these are in the form of crispy and tender potato wedges. They make a terrific side dish for meat dishes like pot roast. Let’s get started..
- 6 russet poatoes, cleaned with skins left on chopped into 2 inch wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar, I used apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced and separated in half
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potato wedges, olive oil, vinegar, salt and all herbs except 1 tbsp of chives.
- Mix ingredients well to coat potatoes.
- Heat oven to 400. While oven heats, allow potatoes to soak in ingredients. About 10 minutes
- When oven is heated, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place potatoes on sheet with a little room in between each.
- Cook potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Carefully move potatoes around using a wooden spatula.
- Turn oven to broil for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve garnished with remaining chives.