Everyone loves a big bowl of pasta. The problem we often run into is succumbing to our craving while also adhering to a healthy diet. Zucchini noodles are the answer to your pasta desires. They make the perfect spaghetti-like noodle and serve as the perfect vessel for a decadent sauce. During the holiday season, we are all giving into temptation at parties and eating dishes that are definitely on the naughty list.
This one pan sun dried tomato and chicken with zucchini noodles is a scrumptious and healthy recipe that will keep you on track between holidays and into the new year. It is comforting with a rich and creamy sun dried tomato sauce- but remember, we are using zucchini noodles so there is a little wiggle room for a thicker sauce.
If you don’t have a spiralizer, I highly recommend this one from Williams Sonoma for the most curly and beautiful veggie noodles.
2 large zucchini, spiral sliced or julienned
2 chicken breasts, diced
1/2 c sun dried tomatoes, julienned and in oil
2/3 c organic heavy cream
1/2 c chicken broth
2 tbsp grass fed butter
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 c fresh basil, finely chopped and divided
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and allow to cook 3 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and scrape any cooked on bits with a wooden spoon.
3. Stir in heavy cream. Reduce heat to simmer.
4. Add sun dried tomato with oil, 1/2 of basil, oregano and pepper flakes. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add zucchini noodles and stir to coat.
6. Serve with reserved basil and Parmesan cheese.