Despite all of your excuses and reasons why…there is only one thing standing in the way of a happier and healthier you…and it is you!
I want you get get healthier, you want to get healthier, and the people you love want you to get healthier. Need more motivation and wisdom to get going? Check out these 20 quotes to “pump you up”.
1. Pasta doesn’t make you fat. How much pasta you eat makes you fat.-Giada De Laurentiis
2. People have got to learn: if they don’t have cookies in the cookie jar, they can’t eat cookies.-Suze Orman
3. I believe that parents need to make nutrition education a priority in their home environment. It’s crucial for good health and longevity to instill in your children sound eating habits from an early age. Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.-Bethenny Frankel
4. So, when it comes to eating healthy, it’s just doing the right thing. And it’s not something you have to do 365 days a year, but I think it’s something you have to do 25 days a month. Let’s put it that way.-Mike Ditka
5. Want to learn to eat a lot? Here it is: Eat a little. That way, you will be around long enough to eat a lot.-Tony Robbins
6. The only way you get that fat off is to eat less and exercise more.-Jack LaLanne
7. The easiest diet is, you know, eat vegetables, eat fresh food. Just a really sensible healthy diet like you read about all the time.-Drew Carey
8. I’ve realized that I’m more important than food is. I love a big slice of pizza, but I love myself more. Being thin is about changing the way you think about yourself. It’s about saying that you deserve to be healthy.-Valerie Bertinelli
9. I don’t go long without eating. I never starve myself: I grab a healthy snack.-Vanessa Hudgens
10. You feel better when you’re eating food that retains nutritional value.-Amber Heard
A photo posted by @makeyourbestself on
11. I’m nutty for nutrition. I’ve become one of those people who can’t stop talking about the connection between food and health. Now that I know how much changing what you eat can transform your life, I can’t stop proselytizing.-Robin Quivers
12. The medical literature tells us that the most effective ways to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and many more problems are through healthy diet and exercise. Our bodies have evolved to move, yet we now use the energy in oil instead of muscles to do our work.-David Suzuki
13. If I could give one tip for people – it’s not an exercise or nutrition regimen. It’s to walk your talk and believe in yourself, because at the end of the day, the dumbbell and diet don’t get you in shape. It’s your accountability to your word.-Brett Hoebel
14. If you maintain a healthy diet, or at least are smart about your food choices, you’ll still see the pounds come off.-Misty May-Treanor
15. There’s no reason to think that you’ll be capable of loyalty to a diet until you address your basic disloyalty toward yourself.-Marianne Williamson
16. One of the main secrets to staying young is staying healthy. I’ve sometimes had to suppress a smile when some young lady, who has obviously not taken care of herself through diet or exercise, says admiringly, ‘Ooh, I hope I look as good as you do when I’m your age!’ Although it’s intended to be complimentary, it’s actually a back-hander.-Joan Collins
17. Getting as much sleep as possible and following a healthy diet will stop you from feeling run-down if, like me, you’re super-stressed.-Elizabeth Hurley
18. I keep my diet simple by sticking to mostly fruits and vegetables all day and then having whatever I want for dinner. I end up making healthy choices, like sushi or grilled fish, because I feel so good from eating well.-Jennifer Morrison
19. One day I looked in the mirror, and I wasn’t happy. If you’re not feeling good mentally, emotionally and physically, you’re just a mess – and that’s the point I felt like. It was a change in attitude and a shift in lifestyle. There’s no crazy diet; I train six days a week, and I eat really well.-Ricki-Lee Coulter
20. The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison. –Ann Wigmore
Want more help creating a healthier and happier you?